Most of us can answer one or more of these teasers, but 10; give it a try!
- When did July 4th become a legal federal holiday?
- Before red, white, and blue became widely available, what color symbolized Independence Day?
- On what day did Congress vote for independence?
- Congress first authorized fireworks displays for the 4th of July in what year?
- Which 3 Presidents died on the 4th of July?
- How old was Ben Franklin when he signed the Declaration of Independence?
- “Yankee Doodle” was first sung by what group?
- How many of the 56 signers of the Declaration were actually born in Britain?
- Instead of being rung, how many times is the cracked Liberty Bell tapped every 4th of July?
- What bird was Ben Franklin’s choice for the national bird?
Eventually, playing children and their seniors are rewarded with a holiday that combines patriotism with just plain Central MA summertime fun. Here’s hoping your Independence Day fully lives up to all your expectations.
P.S. If you got all ten right you might want try out for Jeopardy. …..Realty Ace, LLC
Answers: 1) 1938 2) Green 3) July 2, 1776 4) 1777 5) Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, James Monroe 6) 70 7) British officers (to mock the colonists) 8) 8 9) 13 10) Turkey (Adams and Jefferson’s bald eagle won out)